Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

7 Months Old!

I think the past month has been the gone the quickest since Maddie has been born!  I feel like I was just writing the 6 month post yesterday.  The past month has been filled with wedding, baby and fall festivities!

Maddie gets so much more fun by the day.  I never thought anything could be better than a snuggly 1 month old, but I have to say that 7 months is my favorite by far.   She has grown up so much in the past month and has quite the little personality!

Recap of Month 7:
  • Maddie is a crawling machine!  She is so quick now and has started to do a one legged crawl/walk when she wants to get somewhere faster.
  • She is making me realize that I need to keep the floor spotless because she will find that piece of paper/magazine/cord in two seconds if I don't!
  • She pulls herself up on EVERYTHING! The laundry basket, a chair, the wall, her cousin... doesn't matter what it is because she will find a way to climb it.
  • We hear the same comment from everyone... this little girl is always on the go!  She is either crawling, standing, wiggling, flailing her arms... she is quite the mover.
  • She is starting to like food a little more the past month.  She wasn't really a huge fan of food at first and would only take a few bites before she was done.  Now she will actually pound the table for more food.  She has also started to spit out food that she finds disgusting, like peas!
  • The dogs have discovered that if they sit under Maddie's high chair they will probably get half of her meal.  It is one of their favorite times of the day.
  • Ben used to take baths with her, but she has graduated to solo baths now.  She LOVES it!  She crawls around the tub and plays with her toys... if the water stayed warm she could stay in there for hours!
  • Maddie is becoming a lot more vocal.  I swear she said 'Mama' the other day when she was crying for me to come get her from her crib.   
  • Loves to stands up in her crib when she is done with her nap.  Sometimes she doesn't make a peep and I'll look at the monitor to her standing up and looking around.
  • Has 5 teeth and is currently working on the 6th!
  • Has started to wake up once during the middle of the night.  I've heard a lot about the sleep regression that happens when they are getting teeth, learning to crawl and stand, etc.  I hope it doesn't last too long!
  • Although you can't tell much in pictures, her hair is finally starting to grow in.  She now has a head of blonde fuzz!
  • She is such an inquisitive little girl.  She is always super serious when studying her surroundings in new places and loves to stare at new things/people.









No comments:

Post a Comment