Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

8 Months Old!

I feel like I snapped my fingers and Maddie is 8 months old!  How did this happen?

I can hardly remember when Maddie was this little 8 week old baby...


...And now she is this beautiful and energetic 8 month old!



Maddie's personality is amazing.  She is such a happy and excitable little girl.  She is all about moving and literally doesn't stop all day long.  She has mastered getting into EVERYTHING and is keeping us on our toes!

Recap of Month 8:
  • Growing like a little weed.  She has thinned out because of all her moving, but is still really long!  She is into 12 month size clothes.
  • Six teeth; four on top and two on bottom!   So cute to see her adorable smile with all those teeth.
  • Favorite foods are pureed pumpkin and hummus.
  • Has graduated from crawling to climbing!  She climbs onto and over everything and acts like it doesn't phase her.  Whether it is climbing onto the bottom shelf of the bookshelf, climbing over Daddy, climbing onto the couch... she is such a mobile little girl.
  • The stairs were discovered this month!  Ben turned around for literally a minute and she was three steps up.  This made us realize that our baby proofing needed to kick into gear.  She LOVES climbing up the stairs now, but thankfully hasn't shown interest in going down the stairs yet.
  • Loves to explore.  She has mastered pulling open drawers and pulling all the contents out.  If she can't get the drawer open on the first pull she will look at you like, "What the heck mom!"  She will keep trying until she gets it open.  Watching her face as she finds all the new things in the drawer is priceless!
  • She is pulling herself up on and walking along everything.  Walking might not be too far away because she can stand alone for a few seconds at a time.
  • The bruises have started this month.  As a result of Maddie getting into everything, she has started to get a few battle wounds. Whether it be pulling something on her toe or hitting her head on the drawer, she has been a little champ and it doesn't phase her for long, if at all.
  • Starting to sleep better at night and sleep later in the morning.  Yes!  We definitely went through a sleep regression for a month or so when she would wake up at least twice a night.   I can't complain because she had been such a great sleeper before, but I am happy to be back to getting great sleep again.
  • Had some pooping issues the first real week of food which resulted in our first call to the pediatrician.  Thankfully it got resolved and Maddie is back to her normal poop schedule...haha
I cherish every day with this amazing little girl.  I love her more than I could've ever imagined!



 (Thought I'd show you what most of the pictures look like with this wiggle worm!  Especially when picture time is right before bed!)


No comments:

Post a Comment