Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cute As A Button

Last Saturday was Maddie's 'Cute As A Button' 1st birthday party!  I love any reason to throw a party, so I was excited to plan something for Maddie's big day!  I decided to have more a laid back party with just our immediate family and a few friends.  I didn't want to have a huge thing and have Maddie end up having a melt down from being overwhelmed.   (I always worry about things like that, but Maddie is so laid back that I really shouldn't worry at all!)




Maddie loved having all of her favorite people in one place.  She is such a smiley girl these days and always gives you her scrunched up smiley face to make you laugh.  Maddie loved the sweet potato french fries we had for lunch.  It was the first time trying them and I will definitely get them again for her!










Next up was her birthday cake!  She loved having everyone sing to her and had this adorable look on her face the whole time.  She was a bit hesitant when we let her dig into the cake.  She would stick her finger into the frosting and lick it really carefully.  We've never let her dig into something like that before, so it was almost like she didn't think she was supposed to.  We tried to show her a couple time that she could stick her hand in it and she eventually started getting a little more messy.   She liked playing with the cake more than actually eating it.  A few pieces of cake fell on the floor and she picked them up and put them back on the cake when she was done eating.




Maddie had the time of her life opening all her presents.  Like usual, she liked the tissue paper from the presents more than the actual toys.  Her cousins, Elliot and Liam, and friend Ella helped her explore all her new toys and books.





It was a really fun day celebrating my baby girl with our friends and family.  What an amazing little girl she is!  I love her more than anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment