Pages

Friday, August 30, 2013

17 Things About My 17 Month Old!

Understands everything.  She shakes her head 'yes' and 'no' when we ask her questions and is very adamant about her answer!


Babbles in long sentences for minutes at a time.  Usually the sentences are followed by a giggle.  It is so adorable.  I always try to imagine what is going through her mind when she is holding these long conversations with me.


Loves to say "Shh" when she is putting one of her dolls under a blanket or talking about a 'baby'.


Says "Eeez" aka Please when she wants something.  Especially when she wants some milk!


Likes to clean herself up after meals by wiping her own face and washing her own hands in the sink.



OBSESSED with dogs.  When we are biking or walking with the stroller she will squeal with delight when someone walks by with a dog.



Loves to help us cook when we are using a pot on the stove.  And imitates by constantly stirring her pot in her toy kitchen.


Has no fear.  The other day I looked away for a second and she was standing with her feet on the backseat of her bike and her hands on the handlebars.  When I told her to sit down she sat on the back of the bike instead of the seat and babbled to me as if she was saying "Cool it Mom, I'm totally safe right now!"



 Playing with her hose is her all time favorite thing.  Summer bliss!


Has started repeating what we say.  I was making the bed with her and she wanted to play with Ben's pillow. I kept giving her the wrong pillow and finally I pointed to Ben's and said "Daddy's Pillow?" and she said a toddler version of "Daddy's Pillow" back to me!


The other day I was looking at pictures from the Georgia wedding we were just at and was pointing at all the girls in the picture that we went with.  I was naming them and when I said, "Kiki" she responded with "Kiki!".  Must've been her favorite :)


Has chosen one book that she always wants to read.  Of course it is a chapter book with a million pages and she wants to read each word before we turn the page.


Has been a lot more of a Mama's girl these days.  For a while Daddy put her to bed every night, but now only Mama can do it.


Growing like a weed!  Around 32 inches and 23 pounds a few weeks ago. (I had written 23 inches before... oops!)

Has 16 teeth now!  Love her big cheesy smiles!


A favorite food recently is the cherry tomatoes straight from the garden.  She eats them like candy.


Gets cuter by the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment