Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkins and Monsters

I am one of those people who always gets excited to carve pumpkins every Halloween because I remember how much fun I had every year as a kid, but now as an adult I realize my Dad probably carved most of the pumpkin for me.  I remember pulling out some seeds out and then picking the face for the pumpkin... and that's about it.   Makes sense why I thought I loved carving pumpkins!  I realize now that sitting outside digging into a cold pumpkin or getting everything messy inside is only fun for the first pumpkin. By pumpkin number 2 I'm past done.

Maddie takes after her mama and helped to scoop out the pumpkin seeds for a little while, but lost interest halfway through the first pumpkin and asked to go inside. Em and Maddie went inside I was stuck outside finishing the other two pumpkins. Instead of carving the pumpkins this year, we went Pinterest style and drilled holes.  Maddie was not excited about that idea and was really concerned about what we were doing to the pumpkins the whole time.


Although she wasn't a huge fan of carving pumpkins, she LOVED Halloween. She was the cutest little monster I've ever seen. She wasn't sure why she was all dressed up at first, but she soon figured out what the fuss was all about. Her face lit up the second we gave her a basket and showed her that candy goes inside it. She confidently walked up to our neighbors doors and was in awe that they held a whole bowl of candy for her to choose from. We heard "Teat peez" aka Treat Please constantly after we got home.  I can't even sneak a piece of candy or Maddie will spot me.  She'll run over yelling "Peez" with an adorable grin on her face... how can I say no?











And this is what happened when we told our little monster that it was time to go home.  (Until she figured out that she gets to take all her candy home!)


No comments:

Post a Comment