Pages

Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thankful

As I was rocking Maddie to sleep on Thanksgiving, I was thinking of how blessed I am and everything I was so thankful for this year.  The things I am thankful for could go on, but the biggest thing are the amazing people in our lives.  We are so lucky to have such a great extended family.  I think I sometimes take that for granted because I'm so used to how great they all are!   And I'm so blessed with my little family... couldn't ask for anything better than spending time with those two!

We had Thanksgiving at our house again this year. Ben and I have it down to a science now and did most of the prep early that morning, so everything was ready at the same time.  (Funny how easy it sounds, but hard it is!)  My grandpa cooked the turkey again this year... best turkey you'll ever have hands down.  Ben is scared to attempt his own because my grandpa's turkey is just sooo good.  And the stuffing my grandma puts in the turkey...let's just say we never have any leftovers of stuffing.  Yum!  The meal was great and was so fun to have our house full of people!




Our basement just got carpet installed a few days before Thankgiving, so it was a wide open space for all the kids to run around.  Maddie can not get enough of her cousins, especially her 4 year old cousin Jasper. (Or as Maddie says 'Popper')   Jasper is a little baby lover and is so great with little kids.  She just chases him around and holds his hand all the time.   Roxie and Jasper taught Maddie how to play Ring Around the Rosey and she wouldn't let them stop playing.  Maddie and June's favorite part was 'all fall down', so they basically just fast forwarded to that part every time.  Maddie still asks to play when we're in the basement.  She so lucky to have fun cousins to play with!





No comments:

Post a Comment