Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Home Stretch

It finally hit me when I went to my midwife appointment last week and she said to make the rest of the my appointments from here on out before I leave.  Wait... what?  I only have that much time left?!  We're onto the single digits and I realized I better get cracking on our to-do list before Baby Girl #2 arrives!

Compared to the first time around, our to-do list is actually pretty small.  We don't need to buy a ton for baby this time. Literally, we've only made a few purchases because we can use almost everything from when Maddie was a baby. Maddie moved over to her big girl room a few weeks ago and it has been smooth sailing. More on that later... So the nursery just needs a few little updates and we're set.  So really it's more of our actual house to-do list than a baby list.   For example, we tore out all the railings on our deck a few weeks ago and are in the process or rebuilding them except the post covers we order weeks ago arrived and don't fit now.  So fun...

More than anything we are just so excited to meet this little girl in August and are prepping Maddie for her arrival as best as we can. Maddie got a little emotional last week when we took out a bin of baby clothes and Maddie insisted they were all 'Maddie's clothes!' She insisted on trying them on and was very upset that none of them fit her. The most adorable thing recently though is how she talks about how she's going to play with baby sister (or go swimming or to the zoo, etc....) It really is hit or miss depending on the day, but I know she's going to love being a  big sister!



No comments:

Post a Comment