We booked the trip a few months ago before I had accepted a job offer with a new company. Turns out the new company, that is based in NYC, had a big meeting I had to attend and it happened to be the day before our flight to Mexico. There was no way I'd make it back to Minnesota in time for our early morning flight and I didn't want to make Ben fly with two little girls, especially without knowing how Everly did on airplanes. (Turns out that she is not the easiest...she never wants to stop moving!) This meant the whole fam was taking a quick trip to NYC! Ben was excited to roam Central Park with the girls, but as luck would have it, it rained pretty much the whole 24 hours we were there. It ended up being really fun for the girls- Maddie could not get enough of the city. I'm excited to bring her along again when the weather is nicer!
Tuesday morning we left the hotel at 4 am to catch our 6 am flight to Mexico. We got in the taxi and Maddie said, "Everly, ssshh. Be quiet because the sun is still sleeping!" Their sleep had been a little off since we had started the trip, so they were wired! After a little infant ticket fiasco we ran to our gate just in time to board and we were off! We had a quick stopover in Atlanta and finally arrived in Puerto Vallarta. Hooray!
The resort we stayed at, Sunset Plaza Beach Resort, was incredible. Literally, it is the kind of place I would go back to every year. The staff, the rooms, the pools, the food, etc. It was great! The place has the option to do all-inclusive, but it also has a full kitchen in your room. We thought we'd do most of our meals on our own, so Rach and I attempted to grocery shop the first night there. Most of the things we had planned to make weren't available, so we tried to wing it. By the end, we were a little overwhelmed and realized we had to carry all the heavy bags back. We just laughed the whole way home with bags cutting off the circulation in our fingers.
The weather the whole week was perfect and we took full advantage! It was so fun!
The weather the whole week was perfect and we took full advantage! It was so fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment