Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

New Normal

Six weeks ago our adorable little girl was born.  Five and a half weeks ago we came home from the hospital with a newborn baby in our arms.  Two weeks ago I could not believe she was already a month old.  (And I can't believe she's already six weeks old!)  This week we have finally started to have a sense of normalcy again.

Yesterday I woke up and cuddled with Maddie and the dogs.  She is still sleeping a long stretch at night and is always super smiley in the morning. We played on her play mat for a while before she ate and took her morning nap.  I went on the elliptical during her nap while Ben finished up the new sod in the backyard since Mondays are his day off.  We went for a walk around the lake in the afternoon with the dogs to enjoy the amazing weather.  We gave Maddie a bath and got her ready for bed.  After she was asleep, we made dinner while watching one of our favorites shows.

Life is good.

Maddie is starting to fall into a routine of normal feedings and napping, so I am able to predict when is a good time to venture out of the house.  I am also incredibly more confident leaving the house by myself.  I'll admit that I was apprehensive to leave the house alone until the past few weeks because I was worried that she'd start screaming or want to eat the second I walked into the store.

Last week was also a big milestone for me. I left Maddie alone with Ben for the first time.  It is crazy to think I haven't left her side since she was born.  I sent Ben a million texts to see how she was doing while I was getting my hair done.   He sent me a couple pictures to let me know she was having fun at home with her Daddy.  I was only gone for a couple hours, but was so excited to come home and see my baby!

Being a mom to our sweet girl is so much more amazing than I ever could have imagined.   There are times when Ben and I are still astonished that we created such an adorable little girl.  I can say without a doubt that I love our new normal.

Snuggling after bath time

Reading with Mommy

Hanging out with Oliver and Lucy





No comments:

Post a Comment