Sometimes I can't help but wish that I could freeze time for a second and keep Maddie this little forever. She is at such a fun age right now. Super cuddly, smiley, and excited about all the new things she discovers each day. It really doesn't get much better than snuggling in bed with your baby every morning.
Last Saturday night, we decided to try out moving Maddie into her crib for the night. We've been trying to have her take more of her naps in there, but she didn't seem to sleep as well. I think part of the reason I've been putting it off though is because I love having her so close to us. She's been sleeping right next to our bed since she was born and moving her a room away seemed like a huge step for me. But she is outgrowing her little bed in our room and moving her to her crib was the most logical solution. Because she hasn't seemed to love her crib, I was expecting her to wake up a couple times during the night. Much to my surprise, she slept perfectly all night long. The first night, I woke up more than normal to check the monitor to make sure she was okay. She was sound asleep every time I looked, but was just in a different spot in her crib. My little mover must be enjoying all the space she has now! Now that it's been a week, I can confidently say she loves her room! She is actually sleeping later than usual because the blackout shades keep the sun from shining in at 6 am.
This is just another milestone that makes me realize how big Maddie is getting. Can't wait to see you grow up little girl. Just don't grow too fast!
No comments:
Post a Comment