Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bridal Showers

My little sister got engaged a year and a half ago and I remember thinking how far away her wedding was. And now it is almost here!

The past two weekends I've had three bridal showers for Emily.  The first shower was thrown by one her best friends.  It was incredible!  The theme was Something Blue as in the saying 'Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue'.  Kassie and Kristie are unbelievable when it comes to party planning.  Every little detail was thought of!  Everyone dressed in blue, blue manicures, an adorable photo booth, champagne with blueberries, lobster mac and cheese, and amazing decor.   Kristie even gave Em a sixpence coin for her shoe!  All of Emily's college and high school friends came along with her family and AJ's family.  Em was also extra happy that day because her fiance, AJ, got home from Wisconsin where he has been gone playing minor league baseball for the past 7 months!

The second shower was thrown by my dad's side of the family.  I don't get to see that side of the family very often, so it was fun to see everyone.  Everyone was surprised at how big Maddie is already since most of them haven't met her yet and she got to show off her crawling skills for them!

Last weekend was Emily's shower at the church we grew up at.  I have gone to Faith Baptist since I was born and have grown up with all the people there.  All the ladies from church come to the shower and my mom's friend, Denise, always makes amazing food. This time she made raspberry stuffed french toast with custard sauce... yum!  It is almost like a rite of passage to have your church bridal shower!   I unfortunately didn't take any pictures at the church shower because I was busy hosting it!

The countdown has begun for the wedding in October!













No comments:

Post a Comment