Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Life Lately

Totally slacking on the posts lately! The combination of a keeping up with a crazy, active toddler and being two-thirds through pregnancy with Baby #2 has been keeping me busy and exhausted!

Maddie is at such a fun stage right now.  Her vocabulary continues to explode and I love having actual conversations with her. She catches on to so much these days! She will repeat something I said a few days ago and I will stand there in shock that she actually remembered. I can no longer tell her we will come outside and play with bubbles later because she will remember my promise. An hour later she will ask about the bubbles and start getting her shoes on to go outside! She is such a happy go lucky girl most of the time, but when she's mad at you she's fuming.  And she still wakes up really slow, so you need to give her a good 30 minutes after a nap. That means some amazing snuggles for Mama though!



Now that's its officially spring, all of her favorite things involve being outside.  Two favorites are blowing bubbles and chasing them with Oliver (Oliver is a pro at popping the bubbles!) and going on bike rides. Maddie is obsessed with swings at the park, so you know she loves something when we get to the park and she wants to continue on the bike ride instead of stopping to swing. She loves reading to us and singing songs to her baby dolls.

Her favorite phrase that Ben and I still laugh about is when she was dancing with Ben a month ago and holding a little toy purse. She turns to me and says, "Mama, hold my purse" in the clearest words.  She talks all the time, but this was her clearest, grammatically correct sentence. She literally sounded like she was ten. Ben and I couldn't stop laughing!

She is also really concerned right now when things are dirty. (Ask her to say 'dirty'... so stinking adorable!) If a shirt she's wearing gets dirty she will insist that she change her clothes and if she thinks something is dirty she won't even put it on.  There are some clothes that she remembers getting flithy and she still calls them the dirty shirt.



Pregnancy with baby number #2 is seriously flying by.  The first 12 weeks seems to creep by, likely because I wasn't feeling the best, but I can't believe I'm already into the 3rd trimester!  One plus now is that you can actually tell I'm pregnant.  I thought because it was baby #2 I'd show way sooner, but it definitely was not the case.  And I even included a bump picture for those of you asking :) I can never remember how many weeks I am or how many weeks I have left until I go to the midwife and they tell me.  After today's appointment I realized we actually don't have that long until she's here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment