Pages

Monday, August 17, 2015

Everly: 1 Year Old!


My Everly Ruth,

You are 1 year old already. How is that even possible!? You are the sweetest and most active little girl. 365 days ago you came into our lives and life has only gotten sweeter since then.

You continue to learn new things everyday and become such a fun little girl. You are fiesty little girl who definitely knows what she wants. You continue to get cuter and cuter with your little mannerisms and babble. I love you so much!

You point at everything and babble these days. You can say Mama, Dada, Dog, and M (for Maddie). You know how to sign milk and all done as well as pointing at things while saying 'this'. I love being able to communicate with you and have you tell me what you want. You also know how to throw epic tantrums when I say no. Accompianed by throwing your body on the floor just like your big sister- learning from the best.

You love dancing after bath time and you love doing every single thing that Maddie does. You like to be playing with whatever she has at all times. She used to not be a fan, but while you were sleeping the other day she said, "Can Everly wake up? I want to play with her." You love her so much and I love seeing the two of you together.

You take two good naps during the day. It took you a while to figure out how to sleep for a long time in your crib, but your naps are finally 1-2 hours long each time. We've also figured out that if we put you to bed earlier, you sleep better at night. You still like to cuddle with Mom in the middle of the night, but that time keeps getting pushed later and later.

You love playing chase and your little scream is the cutest thing I have ever heard. You still love being carried in the wrap far more than the stroller. We have attempted long stroller walks and have learned to bring the wrap along just in case.

Your kisses are the cutest- one big open mouth kiss! You also hold on tight to a hug when you don't want to let go. You are nursing 4-5 a day, but love drinking milk from a cup too. You like eating food with us even though your appetite isn't huge yet. Because I work from home and you don't take bottles anymore, you have an aversion to the bottle. Your favorite foods are shredded cheese and blueberries. You also love coffee and bubble water- two things I let you try from my cup because I thought you'd hate them, but you love them. We actually can't drink La Croix in front of you because she will demand to drink it from the can.

I have said this many times, but I really can't imagine life without you. You have brought so much happiness and joy to our lives. Life continues to just get sweeter now that you are here. I am soaking up every snuggle and nursing time with you right now because I know that you are growing into an adorable toddler so quickly. I love you so much my Everly Ruth. You are the most adorable 1 year old I know and I love every second I spend with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment