How is it that my baby girl is already old enough to be going to preschool! It makes me wish that time could slow down for a second because I just love everything about my Maddie girl right now. Does she really have to get older?!
The first day of preschool was only a half day where the parents came and then went to orientation while the kids stayed in class. I could see the anxious and nervous excitement the whole morning while we were getting ready. She was very shy when we first got into her class, but it helped a ton that Mom and Dad got to stay and play for a little while. All the kids in class were pretty shy since it was the first day, so she fit right in. When the parents had to leave to go to the orientation meeting, Maddie gave me a kiss and was not sad at all. I was surprised and so proud! She actually told another little girl to play with her since the other girl was sad.
The next day during drop off she was more sad- she was excited and fine while walking in the parking lot, but as we got inside there were two kids crying hystrically in the hallway (from different classrooms). This made her a little anxious and as we got into her classroom I saw her bottom lip start to quiver. She never actually cried, but just told me to sit with her for a little bit. A few minutes later she was fine and when I picked her up she was as happy as can be!



No comments:
Post a Comment