Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Maddie: 4 Years Old!

My Maddie Girl,

You are 4 years old! I can not believe the beautiful little lady you are becoming. I burst with joy just thinking about how much I love you and how special you are to me.

You are just the sweetest girl! You have a gentled spirited nature that makes you appear shy at first, but I'm coming to learn it's just your way of assessing the situation. Your dad and I have learned that if we prepare you ahead of time for a new situation, things go a lot smoother. If not, we'll see your stubborn side come out and it takes a long time for you to calm down from those situations.

You have really blossomed at school. It makes me so proud to hear that you are so kind to everyone at school and are such a great friend. Some things your teacher said at conferences this month were, "She is cooperative and always interested in everything we do. Following rules and doing things right is very important to Maddie. It is so endearing to see her try to encourage the spirited boys to follow the rules. Sometimes they actually listen." "Maddie is a sought after friend. Both boys and girls enjoy joining her in play. Being the sensitive, gentle spirited girl that she is, it is interesting how well Maddie deals with the challenging boys."

You love doing 'projects' and could spend hours in your craft room cutting little pieces of paper and gluing them together. You also are starting to be very precise about making your artwork original, but always make sure that the eyes and mouth go in the right spots on a face.

You stopped taking naps last fall, but started back up with occasional naps this spring.  It might be a growth spurt because in recent weeks you've taken 4-5 naps a week! You love following routines and are all over your bedtime routine. Dad usually does the whole tooth brushing routine, so if I forget something or do it in the wrong order, you are sure to tell me. You love snuggling at night before bed and your dad or I always oblige. The other night you asked to snuggle with Mom, so I came in your room after Everly was asleep. Dad was about to get up, but you asked, "How about a quick family snuggle with all three of us?"

You have learned what a compromise is and are starting to be a master negotiator. I am a push over when it comes to your cute compromises!

You have so much love for your family and friends. It is so fun to watch you interact with your friends and especially your little sister. Your laugh is contagious and it makes the rest of your family laugh along with you.

I love you so much! Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment