I was not looking forward to yesterday. It was Maddie's two month appointment at the pediatrician and she was getting all of her 8 week shots. I think the reaction babies get from their shots is the same thing as giving birth. You only hear the horror stories of everything that went wrong and how horrible it was. I was expecting an extremely fussy baby who wouldn't sleep more than 2 hours at a time all day and night long. A baby with sore legs and a fever that made her scream every time she woke up and would need infant Tylenol to help console her. I was definitely not looking forward to all of that.
Once again, I should not have listened to all those horror stories. Maddie smiled the whole time the doctor was giving her the oral vaccine. You would've thought she was getting candy by how happy she was. She got a little startled by the first shot which turned to a scream when she got the second shot. She cuddled with Mommy for a few minutes and was fine. After I fed her, she was content and slept the whole way home. When she woke up a few hours later, I walked into the room to a smiley baby! I used disposable diapers since her cloth diapers were rubbing on the spot where she got her shots, but other than that it was a normal day and night!
My content little babe
On another note, Maddie was finally weighed and measured. I was anxious to find out how big she is since we hadn't been to the doctor since she was a week old. She is 23.5 inches long and 12.25 pounds! She is definitely her father's daughter! No wonder she doesn't fit into 0-3 month clothes anymore. She is 90th percentile for weight and 85th percentile for height. The doctor said she is likely to be between 5'9" and 5'10" based on her estimations. Maddie was a happy baby while getting checked out and I was told she is an extremely healthy little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment