Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Growing so fast!

Where have the weeks gone?  Seriously, I can't believe Maddie is already 7 weeks old.  I honestly don't remember what I did with my free time before, but looking back on times when I thought I was busy is now pretty laughable.  


In the span of a week it seems like Maddie has grown tremendously.  She is so smiley and alert for a large part of the day now and is really fun to interact with.   I can tell that developmentally she has grown so much recently. She has started talking all the time with adorable baby talk.  If we only knew what she was actually thinking!  She can lay on her play mat for a long span of time, just kicking her legs and batting at all the toys.  Our playmat has a little bird mobile and every time a bird comes around she gets a huge smile on her face.  I've caught her grasping on to it a couple times too!



She is still sleeping like a champ.  I feel really lucky that she is such a good sleeper.  She's still been sleeping for 6-7 hour stretches and usually only wakes up once early in the morning to eat.  When we put her in bed at night, she lays there contently kicking her legs and moving around until she falls asleep.  It has been amazing, but I don't want to speak too soon...we'll see how long this lasts!

As I sit here watching Maddie asleep in her swing, I am still in awe how amazing my daughter is.   (My daughter... it is still surreal to say it sometimes!)  It is has been 7 weeks, but I could still sit and stare at her all day long just like I did the day she was born. 

Getting so strong!

Squeaky clean

7 weeks old 




No comments:

Post a Comment