Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

9 Months Old!

Maddie turned 9 months old last Thursday!   Ben was looking the countdown app on his phone and said, "90 days until Maddie's first birthday!"  Woah... time is really flying by.   I am trying to soak every second in with my amazing little girl because she is growing so fast!   We had a super fun last month with Thanksgiving and vacation.  I love every second I get to spend with her and Ben!

"Mom, I just woke up.  Why are you taking pictures of me?" 







Recap of the last month:
  • At her 9 month checkup last week she was 29 inches long (90th percentile) and 19 lbs (40th percentile).  All of that early moving has made her a tall and skinny little girl, just like her Daddy!  
  • Learned how to clap this month and does it all the time now! 
  • Loves all kinds of food now and prefers to feed herself (and the dogs).  Current favorites are black beans, peaches and anything dipped in hummus! 
  • Has started to be less interested in milk during the day and is way more interested in feeding herself. 
  • Favorite thing to do while Mommy or Daddy cooks is to pull everything out of the spice drawer.  She always goes for the containers of sprinkles first!
  • Stands by herself... until she realizes she isn't holding onto anything. 
  • We've started to tell Maddie 'no' when she grabs things like the dog food, but she thinks it is hilarious to hear and just starts laughing at me.  I have to try really hard not to smile and egg her on.  I'll have to work on that one, but her giggling is just too adorable!
  • Talks and babbles all the time.  Tatata..bababa...mamama.  She will talk louder to you if you are having a conversation with someone besides her and she wants your attention.
  • Maddie has been loving our new nanny and is always excited to see her in the morning. Woohoo!
  • Does the sign language signs for milk and all done.  If you don't understand she is saying 'all done' in her high chair it will quickly change to flailing arms everywhere! :) 
  • Gives kisses to everyone... which consists of her crawling over to you and putting her open mouth on your cheek.   When she is with her cousin June she gives her kisses constantly!
  • Loves to snuggle in Mom and Dad's bed in the morning.  It has become Mom's favorite time of the day!




I know it is my biased opinion, but Maddie is getting more adorable by the day.  Her silly personality brightens every room and makes your day 100 times better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment