Pages

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Big Girl

Last night as I was getting Maddie dressed for bed I got another glimpse of just how big she is actually getting.  Here's a little back story: Maddie still wears a diaper at night even though she's been diaper free during the day (including naps) for months.  She normally doesn't pee in the diaper at night, but I'm still a little hesitant to get rid of that diaper all together.  I guess I just really like my sleep at night and the chance that she'll wet the bed in the middle of the night meaning getting up and changing sheets, pajamas, etc. is not top on my list of to-dos right now.

So last night as I got her diaper and footie pajamas out she threw a fit. When I asked her why she was sad she replied, "Pants".  I told her we could wear different pants for bed, so we went over to her dresser and grabbed a pair of pajama pants instead of the footie pajamas.  Fine by me!  Then I laid her down to put on her diaper and she threw another fit.  I asked again what was wrong and she said ran over to her dresser and got out "Undies and Socks".  (We wear socks to bed when she wears pants that don't have feet on them in the winter)  I asked her if she wanted to wear her underwear to bed instead of a diaper and she said "Yeah, Big Girl". It was too adorable for me to contest her wishes, so we got her pajamas on and she was happy to put that diaper back in the drawer.  And it turns out that last night was accident free! I guess we'll be getting rid of the diapers all together from here on out!

Loving the Kids at the Castle storytime at the Swedish Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment