She took her first class in December and it didn't go as easily as I thought it would. She was really excited to go in the pool, but once she realized that I wasn't going with her she had a meltdown. Such a Mama's girl these days... She eventually started to have fun with Dad and quickly forgot that I wasn't there, but it took a good 10 minutes for that. The next few times she gradually started to have more fun and forget about me sooner. At first, we thought that maybe I'd swim with her some weeks, but Ben really loves swimming with her. Plus we're trying to break this Mama only phase she's in right now...
Fast forward two months and she's a pro at swimming! She also could care less that I'm not going in the water with her! She jumps quickly into the water and doesn't care to have her whole face get dunked repeatedly. She is exceling at all the skills they teach and they told us a few weeks ago that she was ready to take the assessment and move up to Level 3 when she turns 2. Level 3 is the first class where the parents aren't in the water with them. I don't think Mama's quite ready for that one yet!
Showing off her new mermaid suit from Grandma Barb!

No comments:
Post a Comment