We just got back from a quick trip to London and Paris on Sunday and are getting back to the swing of things around here.
It was a really last minute trip and I'm so happy everything worked out because we had an amazing time! I mentioned a few weeks ago that I found out last minute that I had to take a trip to our company headquarters which are located just outside of London. The business portion of the trip was only going to be 1 full day and two half days, so I figured it was the perfect time to add a little vacation to the end of the trip. I was able to fly coach on the plane ride home to let Ben and Maddie tag a long.
I left on the red eye to London on Saturday night for a Sunday meeting and Ben and Mads left the next evening. Ben has flown alone with Maddie multiple times before, but this would be the first overnight flight. He was a little nervous when she was antsy before takeoff, but she ended up sleeping the entire flight and waking up only for breakfast before they landed! She's a flying pro!
While I was out working, Ben and Maddie adjusted to the time change and enjoyed exploring Hyde Park which was across the street from our hotel. The hotel we stayed at during my business stay, Baglioni London, was so great with Maddie. The first night they stopped by the room and dropped off a teddy bear, cookies and warm milk. How cute is that?! The next night Maddie got excited when the doorbell rang because she knew it'd be more cookies and milk!
After I was done working we spent our time exploring London and enjoying the spring weather. No snow on the ground and green grass! Never thought it'd make me so happy! Maddie decided that sightseeing was a lot more fun when she wasn't in her stroller, so by the end of the first day we didn't even bring it along. Our arms got a lot stronger by the end of the trip!
After a few days of exploring London we were off to Paris for the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment