Pages

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Life These Days

Life has been pretty crazy these days!  First of all, Minnesota is still FREEZING!  When Maddie was born almost two years ago it was around 80 degrees.  The forecast for her birthday this year is maybe breaking into the 20's. Depressing. It really has been a long winter and Maddie is going stir crazy. I'm always trying to figure out something for her to do to get out of the house and burn off all of her energy. We've found some fun things so far, but I'm hoping I don't have to be this creative for long.  I mean all Maddie really wants to do is run around the backyard and walk to the park. Is that too much to ask for?

In a little less than 2 weeks Maddie will be 2 years old.  I CAN NOT believe how fast those two years went and how blessed with are with this little ball of energy!  I had a fun mermaid party planned for her, but due to some last minute travel the night of her party we had to change it to a mermaid breakfast party.  All she can talk about is her mermaid party though, so I know she's excited!

We're still in the middle of finishing our basement.  I mentioned it last fall and while the majority of it was finished months ago, the bathroom seems to be taking forever.  It's supposed to be done in the next few weeks, but that's what they told us in January.  I'm not placing any bets...

And to add to the craziness... I have to go on a last minute work trip to London in two weeks.  The stars aligned and Ben was able to move his off weekends with short notice, so both Ben and Maddie will meet me there! We're going to do a quick stop over in Paris before we head home too.  It'll be a different trip than when Ben and I went a few years ago with a toddler in tow.  I'm excited!  (Plus... the highs in London and Paris right now are around 60 degrees.)

Enjoy a little video of Maddie and her favorite song!

No comments:

Post a Comment