Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Merry Christmas!

Being a parent during the holidays is even more fun than being a kid during Christmas! Seeing all of the holiday activities through a toddler's eyes was incredibly special. Maddie finds joy in the littlest things. There were so many times in the past month when I just sat back watching her and realizing how lucky I am to have two amazing daughters.

Christmas morning did not disappoint this year. Maddie woke up bright and early to find that Santa had eaten the cookies and the reindeer had eaten the carrots she left out. She was beyond excited. All the presents were waiting in the living room and she could not wait to open every single one. She's pretty lucky that Everly doesn't care to open her presents, so she got to open a lot this year.

We made ebelskivers for breakfast and they were delicious. I've grown up eating ebelskivers at my grandparent's house every Christmas, but now that we go to the Cook side for Christmas Day we had to make them ourselves. It was even more special since Em and AJ were there to spend the morning with us too!

I slacked on the pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, but we had an amazing time with family! Lots of time playing with cousins and snuggling with my girls!











No comments:

Post a Comment