Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Cook East Coast Vacay

A few weeks ago (how is it already a few weeks ago?!), we went out to the East Coast for a little family vacation! The trip happened to line up with both Father's Day and Ben's birthday, so we got to celebrate him all weekend! I had only been out east for work (with the exception of NYC), so I was excited! We stayed with my good friend, Shelagh, her boyfriend, John, and their adorable son, Sawyer. They were amazing hosts and gave us a mini tour of the East Coast! Maddie and Everly loved playing with Sawyer. Maddie also quickly remember after a few days that Shelagh was her favorite and started to want to Shelagh to do everything- read her books, buckle her car seat, pour her milk, etc.  Haha! And Ben can't stop talking about how great a cook John is. He tried replicate his grilled pizza last week because it was so yummy!

We started the trip off with a day in Boston. As soon as we got there and were riding the water taxi into Boston, Maddie said, "I think I'm going to like it here!" (From the new Annie movie) It was such a fun day just walking around and exploring the city. Of course, Ben and I were accompanied by our favorite Dunkin Donuts iced coffee because an East Coast trip isn't complete without Dunkin coffee!

On Friday, we went to Narragansett Beach in Rhode Island. Maddie is usually scared of the waves in the ocean, but the beach here had a long beach of shallow water before the waves. She quickly decided it was really fun and we had to convince her to get out when it was time to go. Everly loved the beach too! She was walking everywhere and loved playing in the waves with Ben. Everly didn't eat much sand like I had expected. Sawyer on the other hand thought that sand was pretty tasty and was shoveling it in!

We drove out to the Cape to stay with Shelagh's Mom on Friday night. Ben and I both agree that the Cape is such a charming place and can't wait to go back! We hit all of Shelagh and John's favorite spots and it definitely did not disappoint. Maddie's favorite thing by far was the sundaes at Sundae School. Yum!

For Ben's birthday on Monday we went out to Newport, RI for a day at the beach.  Maddie and Everly have turned into ocean fanatics. They had such a fun day running and playing at the beach. Maddie could not believe there was a carousel at the beach and she could wear her swimsuit on the ride. Her day was made. Ben and I drove the longer way home to look at all the crazy mansions since our beach bums were asleep in 10 seconds once we started the drive home.

Such a fun trip!























No comments:

Post a Comment