Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

15 Months!

15 months old!  Our baby is getting so old!  It is crazy to think how much she has grown and continues to grow every month.  It finally got warm outside this month and we got to spend a lot of time outside.  Maddie would live outside if we let her!  In the morning Ben says, "Let's go outside" to the dogs and Maddie is the first one sprinting towards the door in excitement!  


Maddie has started to get more hair in the past few months.  I never knew I could get so excited about baby bedhead until I had a bald baby!   I am starting my stash of hair clips and figuring out how to strategically put them in her hair without her noticing and ripping them out!  


Maddie runs everywhere and is so quick!  She is always going somewhere or doing something.  Now I know what people mean when they say they spend the whole day chasing their toddler around!  She is really sturdy and doesn't take many spills, but didn't even notice when she got a scraped up knee at the garden center last week.  She was right back up sprinting away from me!

She has started to push the boundaries this month more than in the past.  She definitely knows what she wants and has already perfected laying on the ground and fake crying when she doesn't get her way.  She knows certain things that she isn't supposed to do and will look at us when she does them, knowing what we'll say.  One example is standing on her little rocking chair and shaking it back and forth (imagine a surfing motion).   We always tell her she can only sit on the chair, but she will stand up on it with this mischievous grin.   It is actually pretty cute and I try not to laugh at it.  She has started to understand that standing on it will get it taken away which doesn't make her very happy.

She loves to dance and spinning in circles is one of her new moves.  Ben plays a harmonica and she spins in circles until she gets dizzy.  Then she is stumbling across the room and laughing hysterically.


She has been using a fork and spoon for a few months, but usually ends up resorting to her hands after a few minutes.  This month she started to really get the hang of the utensils and eats her whole bowl of breakfast Cheerios with her spoon!  She also thinks things taste better when they come off a fork, so she will eat way more if she has a fork during her meal.



Stats:  No weight or height update-- Maddie was sick for her 12 month appointment, so our 15 month got pushed out to July.  
Teeth: 1 new tooth this month- a molar- to make a total of 9 teeth.  I didn't even notice she had a new tooth until I started wondering when her next tooth would come in and she already had one.  She currently has 3 teeth (the other molar and both front incisors) halfway through.  
New Words:  Help and Suzie (her stuffed animal)
Favorite Foods:  This is the first month that she has showed interest in meat- Carnitas from Chipotle are a favorite!   She also loves the foam from my almond milk latte that I make with the Nespresso frother.  I have to make her a separate batch or she will drink my whole latte!
Favorite Toys:  Chalk and rocks
Likes: Wagon, stroller or bike rides, sitting under the deck playing with rocks, swings, reading books
Dislikes:  Having to stay inside when the dogs go outside 

No comments:

Post a Comment