We have yet to really find a new normal yet, but life is just so so good.
Thursday, September 4, 2014
Family of Four
What a whirlwind these first three weeks have been! My heart has exploded with so much love for my new little babe and so much love watching Maddie be a big sister. I can't believe it's already been almost three weeks, but it also seems like Everly has been here so much longer than that! I have been loving all my snuggle time with a little newborn napping on my chest soaking in her newborn smell. There is really nothing better.
Ben has been home from work here and there over the past few weeks, so I've had time to adjust to having two girls at home with me. There have been days when I think to myself that having a newborn and a two year old is actually pretty easy. When it's both Ben and I at home we can easily tag team. But there have been quite a few times when I'm home alone with them and everything is really great. Everly loves being in her wrap and it makes it easy to play with Mads while Everly sleeps snuggled up to me. But then right when I think I have this two kid thing down, Maddie decides she wants to throw her body on the floor as we're trying to get out the door because I told her she couldn't have a chocolate blueberry and she really "just wants to go swimming right now". (Although that likely would've happened before Everly arrived too) I've been embracing those times of chaos and just letting myself laugh when Maddie's face is completely covered in shiny eyeshadow when we're out in public.
But honestly, Maddie has been adjusting so incredibly well to having a little sister. Maddie loves her so much and is already really protective of her. She has been surprisingly patient when I have to finish feeding Everly before I can do something for her. She's also taken to breast feeding her dolls and changing their poopy diapers all day long. Maddie is still a great napper, so I have a good 2-3 hours to snuggle or nap peacefully with little Ev each day! The last few days Maddie has come into my bed for the last 30 minutes of her nap, so I get snuggle with both my girls! It makes my heart explode.
We have yet to really find a new normal yet, but life is just so so good.
We have yet to really find a new normal yet, but life is just so so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment